If any member of either the household being viewed, or the household undertaking a viewing is showing symptoms of coronavirus or is self-isolating, then a physical viewing should be delayed.
• Cobb Farr encourage people to do their property searching online wherever possible. Initial viewings should be done virtually wherever this is possible and physical viewings should only be conducted where buyers are seriously considering making an offer on a property.
• To support this, Cobb Farr may ask home occupiers to conduct virtual viewings. This will help reduce the number of properties people need to visit before finding their future home.
• All viewings should be conducted by appointment only and no open house viewings should take place.
• When viewing a property, all parties should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces where possible. Cobb Farr will ask you to restrict the number of people viewing so that social distancing can be practised, and only those in your immediate household should be there.
• Cobb Farr will accompany all physical viewings but follow social distancing rules wherever possible and supply PPE where necessary. Viewings are expected to take a maximum of 15 minutes.
• If your property is being viewed, you should open all the internal doors prior to the viewing, and allow access to handwashing facilities and ideally separate towels/paper towels.
• As most people choose to do, Cobb Farr encourage that you vacate your property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimise your contact with those not in your household.
• Once the viewing has taken place, the homeowner should ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned with standard household cleaning products and towels disposed of safely or washed as appropriate.
For more viewing protocol information and further Government guidance please visit:
Thank you for your co-operation.